Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Does anyone know how to file a complaint against Jiffy Lube?

I went in for a simple oil change and when I walked out it ended up costing me $100.54. I am going to make a call to the district manager but I was looking for a way to file a formal compaint against their business practices.



36.99 oil service

5.99 x 6 for syntetic oil - high milage

14.99 upgrade for %26quot;topping%26quot; off my oil - I did not ask for this

35.99 for 2 wiper blades. This is my fault I should have known better



I raised hell but in the end I had to pay for it. I usually change my own oil but I needed it done soon becuase I am taking a trip out of town and I want to make sure my fliuds were topped off and all the points were greased.



Also to All just beware when taking your vehicle to Jiffy Lube. They also tried to sell me over $1000 worth of vehicle maintenance that my truck absolutly needed or else it was going to break down. My truck runs great and it always hasDoes anyone know how to file a complaint against Jiffy Lube?
Well, if you are using synthetic oil, get used to oil changes costing much more than %26quot;normal%26quot; oil changes.



My car takes 6 1/2 quarts of synthetic and I have paid anywhere from $65-$90 for oil changes.

Also, the cost of the wiper blades doesn't seem too outrageous to me. I get mine from the auto parts store and they are normally about $15 each.



I don't really know what that %26quot;topping%26quot; service is so I cant comment on that.



Remember that when you are using synthetic oil, you can go longer between changes. Currently I change it ever 6000 miles even though the oil life indicator still says that I don't need to change it yet.



Sorry you had a bad experience. I know I was surprised at the cost of the 1st synthetic oil change. After that first experience I had, I always check for coupons now.Does anyone know how to file a complaint against Jiffy Lube?
BBB IS IT